Popular Search approvethemeshort
Table of Contents
Basic Terminology #
You may not be familiar with all of the terminology used in Messenger, so if you don’t know a term get its description here.
- Contact – A contact is someone who is in your CRM and has opted into Messenger through a form or another point of entry. Contacts can be exported, imported and modified. Contacts within Messenger ARE NOT users in your database.
- Email – You can create emails to send out in Messenger through a funnel or through a broadcast.
- Broadcast – A broadcast is when you send a single email to multiple contacts all at once, like a newsletter.
- Funnel – A funnel is the marketing automation area of Messenger. You can create funnels to lead contact through a series of steps until they purchase something or sign up for something. It’s up to you!
- Benchmark – A benchmark is a “touchpoint” in your funnel when a contact does something that evokes a response. Like a contact filling out a form.
- Action – An action is a response to a benchmark, such as sending out an email.
- Step – A step is just a generic name for both benchmarks and actions.
- Event – An event is a scheduled action for a contact. For example, when you send out a broadcast, it creates an event to send out an email to that contact at the given time.
What are your Feelings
Share This Article :
Still stuck? How can we help?
Updated on September 21, 2022
Powered by BetterDocs